Tuesday, October 10, 2006

There's a Calm Before the Storm...

Postin again. Yeah now what jerks. I have one hour left at work and nothing to do with it but stare at my computer screen in my makeshift cubical. That's right, I have a cubical. It's not a full fledged cubical, but it certainly serves the same purpose. The walls aren't very high so anyone walking past can see what I'm doing and there's no wall behind me. I need some stuff to put on the walls in here. Right now, I have a periodic table of elements on the right side of my desk and thats it. Maybe I'll get a calendar or a plaque with some inspirational quote on it. Then I'll be like every other corporate tool box out there. It's a good thing that I can walk away from my desk and go work at the lab bench anytime I want. Sitting in front of a computer screen all day, every day is essentially my worst nightmare. I have to be able to get up and do something.
I went to a meeting at church last night (Northern Hills United Methodist). There's some crazy stuff that's starting to happen there. First off, the church is finally looking at modes of outreach to the community. I've been pushing for some Vineyard like, servant evangelism stuff and God has started to break down barriers. Also, we approved a new ministry last night that blends the Buddist Zen tradition of meditation with Christian belief. Essentially, this ministry will focus on meditation as a means of communicating with God. I'm probably going to try it out. I could use some time of just sitting still and doing nothing but being quiet.

No comments: